Thursday, September 17, 2009

Corn drying well

I have been taking a few samples in the fields to see where some of the grain corn is at as far as moisture's. To be honest I have been surprised at the numbers I've been seeing. Most early planted corn I have been testing has been around 20-26% moisture. I have noticed a few combines running, and for good reason. If you are looking to shell high moisture corn and have some mid length corn (around 114 day) that was planted in good time this year it may be time to take a sample through the field to see where you are at. We had trouble getting whole plant moisture to the place we needed it for silage, however our ears have been drying well, even on green stalks. Make sure to take a representative sample from your fields, now just the outer rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment