Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thanks for the great year!

As the holiday's are here and 2009 draws to a close, we all have a moment to look back and think of what all has happened in the past 12 months and think ahead of what's to come. This has been a great year for me personally with my move to Franklin County and working with so many great people. I look forward to continuing this work for many more to come. With this year nearly over all we can do is look ahead. I'm looking forward to this year's winter meetings coming up in Franklin County alone I'm planning the first Grazing Conference (Jan. 12th), A grain marketing workshop (Jan. 18th), Crops Day (Jan. 26th), Sheep and Goat meeting (Jan. 30th), Fumigation Update meeting (Feb. 25th), and the 2+2 pesticide update meetings for March 9th. Of course I'll be assisting with other meetings throughout the region as well but just on a speaking basis. I'm really excited with our lineup this year. We have a lot of great speakers and information that will go out. I'm especially looking forward to having some time to catch up with some producers and industry folks to see how the year finished up for them. One of the major focuses this winter is going to be financial margin. As we continue in hard times for most of agriculture I'm hoping we can all work together to identify the areas where our cash flow is weak and strong to get ourselves more fit for 2010 and beyond. If you have any interest in these meetings please just post a comment on my blog with your e-mail or give the extension office a call (my extension is 227). I hope to see you this winter and thanks for a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment